Wednesday, 27 January 2010

RSPB Big Schools Birdwatch

From 18th January to 1st February it is the RSPB Big (and Little) Schools Birdwatch.

P3/4 have taken part by checking which birds are in the playground over an hour in the afternoon. They went outside to count the birds which landed in the school grounds or on the buildings.


They then entered the information online and looked at the ways it could be displayed in different types of charts.

They made some 'snappers'.


They had to think about the distinctive markings and colours of the birds we might see in Orkney.


Can you tell what they are?

1 comment:

  1. I think it is really good you have taken part in this. I have done this every year since I was your age (which is nearly 30 years)! I would be really interested to know what birds you did see in your hour. Make sure you check the National results from the RSPB when they come out.

    Paul Barber

    ReplyDelete